This WHMIS booklet is available on the WorkSafebc.com website. Search WHMIS at Work on the WorkSafe BC website. The booklet provides information about the main elements of WHMIS and outlines the responsibilities of suppliers, employers, and workers for these elements.
Read the booklet and understand the Classification, Symbols and Labels, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS). and the federal, provincial and territorial Occupational Safety and Health legislation on providing information about many hazardous materials used in the workplace.
1. SAFETY IN THE LAB
– The same general rules and regulations on safety that you learned in first year apply in this lab.
– Lab coat must be worn. No eating, drinking, and smoking allowed.
– Some experiments require wearing safety goggles. You must bring your own.
– The lab is equipped with safety shower, eye wash fountain and fire extinguishers and fire blankets. You should locate these safety equipment when you report to your first lab.
2. FORMAT FOR LAB REPORTS
– Check Lab Report Write-up Instructions.
– Lab notebooks are NOT required.
– Use stapled loose leaf papers for your lab reports.
– A cover sheet is mandatory. Your mark will be assigned on this page, also any comments will be written on this page.
3. LAB REPORT DUE DATE
– One week after the laboratory.
– Marks will be deducted when the lab reports are handed in late.
4. WHERE TO HAND IN YOUR LAB REPORTS?
– Hand deliver your lab report to your instructor in the lab.
DO NOT slip your lab report through the mail slot. We are not responsible for any missing labs.