of the unit you should be able to:
- balance chemical equations.
- interpret balanced equations in terms of moles, mass units and number of
- given the number of moles (or mass or number of particles) of one substance
calculate the number of moles ( or mass or number of particles) of another
substance in the balanced equation.
- define limiting and excess reactants.
- identify the following types of reactions:
- single replacement
- double replacement
- define endothermic and exothermic reactions.