CALCULATIONS BASED ON FORMULAE
of the unit you should be able to:
- write the number of particles in a mole.
- calculate the formula (or molecular) mass of compounds.
- solve problems involving conversions between the mass, the number of moles,
the number of formula units and the volume (for gaseous substances at standard
temperature and pressure).
- given the formula of a compound calculate the percent composition.
- given the composition of a compound calculate the empirical formula.
- given the composition and molecular mass of a molecular compound calculate
the molecular formula.