# 4 - The Periodic Table
The Periodic Table
- (a) Determine the number of valence electrons for the elements in group II:
- (b) How many periods are there in the periodic table?
- (c) What group or family of elements does silicon belong to?
- (d) How many valence electrons does argon have?
- (e) What is the name of the Group IIA elements?
- (f) What is the group number of the halogens?
- (g) How many elements are in period 2?
- (h) How many elements are in period 6?
- (i) The name given to the "A" elements is?
- (j) Which of the following is an inert gas?
- (j) Which of the following is a metalloid?
- (k) Which of the following is a non-metal?
- (l) Which of the following is a metal?
- (m) Which property describes non-metals?
- (n) Which property describes metalloids?
- (o) Which property describes metals?