ACIDS & BASES AND IONIC REACTIONS
of the unit you should be able to:
- list some properties of acids and bases.
- define acids and bases.
- given the name write the formula (and vice versa) for common binary acids
- write equations to describe the formation of some common acids and bases.
- explain the difference between strong and weak acids.
- predict the products of neutralization reactions.
- solve problems involving concentrations of acids and bases and neutralization
- write net ionic equations for acid base reactions.
- define pH.
- given the pH calculate the concentration of H+ ions and vice
- given the concentration of hydrogen ions use the ion product constant of
water to calculate the concentration of hydroxide ions.
- define and give examples of weak and strong electrolytes.