of the unit you should be able to:
- define the following terms:
- mass, volume, temperature, significant figures, density and specific
- identify the number of significant figures in a measurement.
- round off the results of calculations to the correct number of significant
- express measurements in scientific notation with the correct number of significant
- identify the SI units commonly used to measure mass, volume, length and
- define the commonly used metric prefixes.
- perform conversions using conversion factors.
- given any of the following (mass, volume and density), calculate the unknown.
- given any two of the following (mass, volume and specific gravity), calculate