Experiment 8 - Equivalent Weight of an Unknown Acid
Part A - Preparation of the Standard Acid
- Use the analytical balance to measure 3.0000 - 3.2000 grams of the unknown
acid. Record the
exact sample mass on the data sheet.
- Transfer the acid very carefully from the weighing boat into a 250 mL beaker.
- Dissolve the acid in about 150 mL of distilled water. (Stir gently if necessary
to speed up the rate of dissolving.)
- Transfer the acid into a 250.0 mL volumetric flask.
- Fill the flask close to the mark with distilled water. Use a Pasteur pipet to add the last few drops to the mark, stopper and mix by inverting the flask.