Experiment 7 - Acetic Acid Content of Vinegar
Part B - Determination of Acetic Acid Concentration
- Fill the buret to the 0.00 mL mark with the same base solution used in Part
- Obtain about 40 mL of vinegar in a clean and dry
100 mL beaker.
- Pipet 5.00 mL of vinegar solution into 125 mL Erlenmeyer flask.
- Add 2-3 drops of phenolphthalein.
- Add the base solution, which is in the buret to the acid solution in the
flask until the end point is reached.
- Read the buret carefully to determine the quantity of base used to reach
the end point. Record the volume of the base solution used.
- Repeat until two volumes are obtained and agree within 0.10 mL.
Rinse the buret with distilled water and leave it filled with
distilled water and place the protective cap on the top of the buret.