Experiment 6 - Solutions
Part B - Compare the Relative Solubility of Two solutes in Two solvents
- Explain the relative position of each liquid.
- In which solvent(s) is iodine more soluble? Explain why?
- In which solvent(s) is copper(II) sulfate pentahydrate, CuSO4· 5H2O, more soluble? Explain why?
Part C - Study Double Replacement Reactions
- Write the balanced chemical equations for all reactions, which occurred.
Part D - Energy Changes Associated with Substances Dissolving in Water
- Which substance(s) release energy when they dissolve in water?
- Which substance(s) absorb energy when they dissolve in water?