Experiment 10 - Vitamin C Determination
Part A - Preparation of Standard Thiosulphate,
- Zero an empty plastic weighing dish on an analytical balance.
- Add 2.4 - 2.5 grams of sodium thiosulphate pentahydrate, .
- Record the mass of the crystal on the data sheet.
- Transfer the sodium thiosulphate pentahydrate crystal into a clean 100.0
mL beaker as demonstrated in the lab.
- Dissolve the crystals in about 75 mL of distailled water, stirring gently
to dissolve the crystals.
- Transfer the solution carefully into a 100.0 mL volumetric flask.
- Make up the volume to the 100.0 mL mark with distilled water, stopper and
mix, by inverting the flask 15 times.